Yesterday was the first time Jaidyn went ice skating. He wasn't a huge fan because he can't be independent. But mommy was very proud of him. We went to a drop in parent and tot session. I was not amused when they told me I had to wear a helmet. I went a little off the handle with them, but ended up wearing one.
Jaidyn has an adorable pair of figure skates. I am a firm believer in starting out in figure skates. When I taught skating, I could tell the difference in the children who started out in figure skates. The ones in hockey skates were almost always behind the ones in figure skates. When Jaidyn is ready to play hockey, we will switch him over.
We didn't stay on the ice very long because a) Jaidyn wasn't too impressed and b) it hurt my back. We will be going to a public skate once a week. Every week we will increase the time a little longer, and gradually he'll get used to it. Before we know it he will be out skating mommy and daddy, well daddy most likely.
My friend Leysa came and took video of Jaidyn's first experience ice skating. Enjoy!
Jaidyn Ice Skating and Jaidyn Skating
and
As a bonus, here is Jaidyn being himself... mommy's little monster. You need sound for this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment