Thursday, October 1, 2009

I really suck at this

I really suck at blogging. I can't blog consistantly. Maybe I'll get it right one day...

The last couple of months have been interesting to say the least. I healed pretty good from the gall bladder removal. Or so I thought. In April Ty and Jaidyn both came down with a stomach flu. While I didn't get that, I ended up with a hernia from the incision in my belly button. Wonderful. Freaking wonderful. I didn't know what it was until May. I went back to the same surgeon, Dr. Jenni Smith, and she said they would call in a few months with a date. No problem...

In July I called them wondering when I would get a surgery date. They told me that they were only booking cancer patients and they would call me in another couple of months. Nothing against cancer patients, they of course have priority, but a courtesy call would have been nice so I could have gone to another surgeon. I make some calls, and I end up with an appointment to see Dr. Richard Lewis. A week later I was having the consult and his locum doctor said that I qualify for surgery. I went and saw the receptionist and filled out the forms. Then she said, "How about August 27th?" Ummm what....??? That works, whatever day works, I just wanted it done. I asked to be put on the cancellation list. Done. I still don't know how she was able to give me a date right then and there. Mind boggling... well to me it is.

A week later, I was at home with Jaidyn on my day off, I got a phone call saying that on August 27th, they didn't have any beds for me, so they had to push it back to early September. Okay, fine, whatever. The next day I get another call, "We have a cancellation. How is August 10th?" GREAT. I only had to wait a few weeks instead of a month and a half now.

The surgery wasn't too bad. I made sure they made a note about not giving me demerol. I'm not a fan of that drug. I had the surgery Monday morning. Tuesday morning, my surgeon decides I'm okay to go home. I wasn't ready. The furthest I had walked was from my bed, one step over to the commode. I was in agony. I had thrown up Monday lying down while the nurse (who knew I was throwing up) walked out of the room. I am not impressed with most of the nursing staff there. Especially the students. When a patient asks for gravol... get them their FREAKING gravol before they throw up all over you. Anyways... I went home Tuesday afternoon, much to my dismay.

Wednesday, my friend Leysa came over and kept me company for a couple hours, bringing movies, drugs, and ice cream. Wednesday night when my fever wouldn't come down with Tylenol we made a trip back to Lions Gate Hospital. Where I was pumped full of morphine, gravol and antibiotics. Wednesday night until Thursday afternoon I pretty much spent unconcious due to the combination of gravol and morphine. Not that I'm complaining, makes the time go by faster. I ended up being released again on Friday. Sad thing is, the extra stay probably could have been avoided if I was able to stay one extra night.

Hopefully this will be my last surgery. At least this year. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment