Friday, October 9, 2009

Dad...

Today was a day from hell. I got a phone call at the shop at 10:30 from my mom saying "Dad was taken to the hospital by ambulance this morning. I need a ride home to get my car." Woah... back up a second, dad is in hospital????

After he got up this morning, had a shower and got dressed, he felt faint, sat on the edge of the bed and fainted. He fell on the floor and ended up with 5 stitches from his glasses scratching his face. My mom screamed at him to wake up and called 911. He was up and on the bed when the firemen arrived. The the ambulance arrived, with a second ambulance on the way (one equipped with cardio equipment). My dad insisted that he was fine, and proceeded to walk up the driveway as the paramedics decided he needed to get checked out anyways. Once at the top of the driveway he fainted again. All this happened at like 8am, and we didn't get a call until 10:30.

We waited all day for them to do tests, and get the results. Talk about a stressful day. Finally when Al and I went to see him at 6pm, he had just gotten the test results. He has a blood clot on his lungs. He is on blood thinners, and being monitored over night. Talk about scary. I've had enough stress today. I was so scared, I cried on the way to pick up my mom. When I was driving up to see her, I saw a bunch of toddlers crossing the street with daycare teachers. I did a second take, and saw Jaidyn leading the pack of kids. So cute to see them all strapped in their walking harness. But seeing him and how cute it was made me cry harder.

Enough for now, I'll update when he goes home. Tomorrow we go to the Canucks open practice, Jaidyn's first Canucks experience. Should be fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment