Sunday, February 1, 2009

Long time, no post.

I really wish I had kept up with my blog. I started it with all the right intentions. So much has happened in the last almost year and a half. Some of the big things that have happened....
-Jaidyn was born November 16, 2007 2:22am, 7 lbs 2 oz, 20 inches
-I joined Pacific Ice March 2008
-Ty and I became HOMEOWNER'S in May 2008
-September 11, 2008, left for England for a wedding and visiting family
-September 22, 2008, Ty proposed on the beach in Palma Nova in SPAIN!
-October 19, 2008, my niece Madison (Kris and Kristy's baby) was born.
-November 16, 2008, my little baby boy turned into a toddler, daredevil, and cutie pie.
-January 19, 2009, Pacific Ice team Odyssey are BC/YT Junior Champions!!!
-January 24, 2009, gall bladder surgery
Lost of big events, and my fingers can only type so fast. I started this blog so I could keep track of Jaidyn's milestones. That didn't really work. I am hoping to keep it more up to date now.

So, as for the most recent event. On January 22 in the evening, I started feeling a bad pain in my stomach. I thought it was food poisoning to begin with. But it started to feel like a gall stone attack. I was diagnosed with gall stones in November. By 3 am I couldn't stand the pain any more and had Ty take me to the ER at Lion's Gate. He had to pack Jaidyn's bag and wake up Jaidyn and get him dressed while I moaned in pain. We got to the hosptial by 4am, and I was checked in and on a bed by 4:40am. The pain was excruiating. I couldn't lean back because the pain was in my back, and my stomach felt like it was going to explode. Shortly after I saw a doctor, and got an IV, and confirmed it was a gall stone attack, then gave me a shot of morphine. That stuff knoced me on my back side and I actually managed to fall asleep in short little bouts for the next hour. Ty was driving around with Jaidyn waiting until he could take him to daycare. Neither one of us wanted Jaidyn in the ER. About 7 am they moved me up to a temporary room in the HUB ward. I had no idea what was going on so I asked the nurse and she said I was waiting for surgery.

SURGERY!!! WTF?!?!? The put me on the emergency list for laproscopic gall bladder surgery. So I called Ty and let him know what was going on, he came to see me and let my parents know what was happening. He stayed with me until my mom came to the hospital. I waited all day not being able to eat anything, only to be told at 6pm that I wasn't going for surgery that day. Ty went and got me some soup from Tim Horton's.

Next morning I was waiting and waiting for my turn for surgery again. The took one woman from my room who was having surgery on my hip. The nurse said that we both had the same surgeon so it could be a while. Less than an hour later around 1 pm, I was being taken down to surgery. Once on the operating table they hooked up all the monitors and my blood pressure was 175/110. I was a little bit nervous...! They gave me something to relax, and I remember that, but not much after.

I woke up about 3 pm. I was in so much pain I couldn't open my eyes. The nurses ran over and pumped me full of fentnyol, demerol, and then gravol. I passed out again. I don't remember much of the rest of that day. I was sent home on Sunday. I was in quite a bit of pain and couldn't move very much or very well. My stomach hurt a lot. Monday morning Ty left for work, but I made him turn around and come get me to take me in to the ER again. The pain was unbearable.

12 hours later, a LOT of morphine, a couple x-rays, dilaudid, and gravol I was up in the HUB ward again. Turns out I had a complication from surgery. When they removed my gall bladder some bile spilt and was irritating the tissue inside. It was unbelieveable pain. The same or worse than a gall stone attack. I was on a wonderful cocktail of pain meds trying to control the pain. They kept me in until Wednesday.

I'm feeling a lot better now, still hurts/burns. But I'm down to just advil now, not the heavy duty pain meds. I just have to say that Ty has been amazing while I have been going through this. He has been amazing with Jaidyn get's his lunch ready for daycare, does the laundry, the dishes, everything. I don't know what I would do without him. I love you Ty. More that you will ever know.

Jaidyn was a total monkey today. He only had a half hour nap. He woke up with a tummy ache. Then proceeded to use Ty as a balance beam when Ty was lying on the floor. Jaidyn walked up and down the length of Ty while holding on to his crib for balance. Then he let go and balanced by himself. He is so independent. At Ty's parents yesterday, Pat sat him on the headboard of their bed, and he fell into a pile of pillows on the bed. He giggles like crazy before he falls onto the pillows. I already have my hands full, but man I can't wait to see what he is going to be like in even a year's time. He is so active and so full of beans.

Well I think that's a good update for now. Here's a recent picture of monkey man.

No comments:

Post a Comment